Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Growing up is tough!

I know, I know.....I have been neglectful to my blog again. Well, just go ahead and report me to DFCS. J would love that b/c according to her, I am a "mean momma". Little does she know that I take that as the highest compliment :)

I am big on personal responsibility, and I refuse to raise an "irresponsible, blame everyone else, and take no ownership of the circumstances" brat. J learned today that I meant business. She has left her book at school a couple of times. The first time, her teacher bailed her out, and let her in the room to get it in after care. Today she forgot it again. Her 1st grade teacher offered to let her in today, but I said "thanks, but no thanks". So for the first time ever, my child will not have her reading homework done tomorrow. I don't know what the punishment that carries b/c we have never been there, but.....I'm thinking for the long run and will take the consequences.

Here's where I got the designation of "mean". I made her write sentences. I know, old school, but I made her say them out loud as she wrote. Hopefully that will stick in her brain next time :)

I promised not to scrapbook this photo, but I didn't say anything about blogging! ;)

And speaking of growing up, someone in our family never will. But he is older! Bobby turned 40 on Labor Day. We had a BBQ, and his mom presented him w/ a old timers necessity kit. He said the sad thing was that he could use most of the stuff!


The craziest thing about the whole day was that the person who doesn't eat sweets ended up w/ 2 cakes! His mother made the one w/ the photo on it, and McGee's bakery here in town did the rockin' GT cake.



Have a good week!
~MM

2 comments:

Janell said...

meanie! i did something similar with drew yesterday. he is supposed to check the chart to see if it is a pe day. he didn't that morning because he was in a mood and he wore his crocs to school. i went up to the school later to help his teacher and lo and behold it was a pe day and he didn't have his "safe shoes" so he had to walk the line. he begged me to run home and get them. no way was i going to do that. he checked it right away this morning!

happy 40th birthday to bobby!

Hollie said...

I don't blame you by doing that with J. It's hard to be a meanie though & I know you know that. Happy late Birthday to Bobby. LOL about the present his Mom gave him. Tony got one like that when he turned 40 also. He could use most of the stuff too. LOL

I know you know I got my online banking set up.....Thank to you! I paid 3 bills on there Friday, but of course they will not be going out until Monday. One of them will be a day late, but I didn't get it setup in time to schedule it ahead of the due date. I'm going to have to remember to schedule them earlier so they will be paid on time. Thanks again for your help!!!!