Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hot Hazy Days.......

As I have gotten older, I have come to the conclusion that I am NOT a summer girl. I HATE the humidity; I HATE the heat; I do NOT tan; and I do NOT have a beach bod. Summer is just NOT my time of year! I am definitely more of spring/fall kind of gal.

I do realize that I am in the summer my life (albeit probably more like the mid to late summer - LOL), and I do have appreciation for that. You would think at this point in my life that I would be settled w/ the way things are always in perpetual motion…..friends come and go, the economy rises and falls, the seasons of the year, people I love pass away and new ones are born; etc. All things I really have no control over. I do admit that I am too grounded in schedules & expectations, and I really don’t like change. I really like to have a game plan and know what I will be doing every living, breathing moment of the day.

How I would love to go back to those more naïve days of care-free, childhood where these realities don’t fog my mind and are not even a passing thought. Praise God I can catch a glimpse of those times thru J. Sometimes you just have to let loose, and laugh!



This is an older LO I did back in the early spring, but for some reason the random silliness of this day back when and the reality of the journaling really hits me today. So I am NOT going to begrudge the heat and humidity - Enjoy your summer, and I’ll enjoy my A/C :)


~MM

2 comments:

Janell said...

love it!!!!

i want to scrapbook!!!!!

Hollie said...

You & I sound a lot alike. I'm not the summer girl either. Fall is my fav. Isn't A/C wonderful!