Friday, October 2, 2009

Dolly & Me Party



So my mother saw an ad for this party at Bead Happy, and thought it would be fun for J as an early birthday present. She was a little under the weather (just allergies), and I worried that she wouldn't enjoy herself. Boy was I wrong. That little girl had a BLAST!

She had tried with all of her might to round up a cohort, but none of her friends understood what it was going to be and were unable to convince their mothers into signing them up. They are not happy campers after getting the rave reviews from J! :) (I am just glad that she is finally liking dolls b/c I was beginning to think she was a strange one - lol.)

I thought this a wonderful deal for J and myself. She got 2 hours of fun, games, crafting, & refreshments, and I got 2 hours of no drama shopping! It was amazing how efficient I can be w/o dragging an uninterested 8 1/2 year old around. In just 2 hours I ran by Sweet Memories, Publix, and then to Food Lion to hit the triple coupons one more time.

The best part was, unlike most birthday presents from the grandparents, the bracelet and necklace she made take up no room and do nothing to add to the clutter in the house!





I am going to the grand opening of Sweet Memories Studio tomorrow to scrap the day away w/ my girlies (will miss you Janell!). I have set the bar high on what I want to get done b/c I need to catch up on some assignments.

Hope you all have an AWESOME fall weekend!
~MM

2 comments:

Hollie said...

I'm glad tht J. had a wonderful time. Your Mom brought pictures to work. THE BRACELET & NECKLACE IS SO CUTE!

Janell said...

how cute!!!