Saturday, October 17, 2009

A more beautiful you....

So sometimes you just have to step away from all of your commitments and do something for yourself. It makes you a better able to fulfill your commitments - or at least that is my excuse! That is exactly what I have done this week, as far as my design team stuff for Sweet Memories goes. Do not get me wrong, I LOVE doing work for the GREATEST scrapbook store on earth because it keeps me in the trenches and getting stuff done. However, lately I haven't really gotten anything done for me.

I love the whole process of starting w/ photos or a title or even just a design and choosing what paper (out of the 1000s of sheets that I have) to use, digging thru the bins of embellishments (not caring how old they are), and just playing until you get it right or you are completely over it and chunk it - no worries, no deadlines, just play. That is exactly what I did with this layout.




From the first time that I heard Johnny Diaz's "A More Beautiful You" several months ago, I knew I wanted to use it for a page. It has a wonderful message to it - don't be trying to change things about yourself or let other people dictate how you feel about yourself because God made you (and only you) to serve a specific purpose. Because of that, fulfilling His wish makes you more beautiful than anything else. Most of my pages for my daughter are very silly and light-hearted, but I do want to show her some of the more serious life's lessons along the way. I hope she will grow up knowing that a kind heart is more beautiful than any model on a magazine.

So, I now that I have that out of my system, I am ready to go back to the straight and narrow and work on my assignments again ;)See it worked because I picked up this very fun Sassafrasslass paper yesterday, and created this layout with it last night.
(Excuse the fingertips - I meant to take photos of it before I left this morning, and forgot. Thanks to J for helping me out.)




Have an awesome weekend. I am so excited because the weather here is screaming fall!
~MM

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lurve the layouts ..