Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Art of the Deal

Okay, so I see blog posts where folks are posting their good shopping deals. Yes, they are fun, and I can appreciate them. However, I'm not so sure that everyone feels that what. I made a little trip to Rite Aid yesterday, and a male co-worker told me I needed to be tooting my own horn after the haul I got.

So w/o further ado:


For the record, this was over $110 retail value. My out of pocket yesterday was $53 (which is still impressive), but after I receive my rebates from Rite Aid in a few weeks - my net total for all of this stuff will be $11! 1 thing of the Zyrtec is normally $23! I am not going to pile stuff in my pantry and closets. My church is doing a missions project for Hondurous, and they are in desparate need of toiletries, so shampoo, toothpaste and Tylenol will be going in that box. I also plan to send later bargains to the local ladies shelter and girls' home.

And since I have been such a bad blogger lately, here are a couple of my latest scrapbook layouts :)

This one is for a stamping challenge that Jen and I hosted on Sweet Memories blog:


And this one is of my niece, Taylor. This is one of the photos that I took of the kids a couple of weeks ago at Shiloh Methodist Church in Burwell. I think she looks so sweet here:


Hope you have a blessed day,
~MM

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Wow- you did do excellent on your shopping trip! Cool layouts of J. & your niece. They're both such little dolls!

Janell said...

you go girl!!

i love the stamping lo...it is even cuter IRL!! you need to post the road trip one. it was so simple...but very cute!