Monday, July 20, 2009

Neglectful – that is what I am! If this blog were a baby, DFCS would be banging on my front door! I have a lot of little nagging things going on right now that seem to consume my time. I am hoping that in the next couple of weeks, that will all be taken care of.

Last week we went took a little field trip to the World of Coke with J’s day camp. No way am I letting 3 Generation Y folks take my daughter to ATL with 15-20 other kids w/o my eagle eye upon J. We are not carbonated beverage drinkers around here, and we are definitely not dark, caffienated, carbonated beverage drinkers. It was fun, but we didn't appreciate it like some of the other visitors did. Basically, it was a huge advertisement for Coca Cola, but what else do you expect from "World of Coke".

Here’s a few pictures from the day:

Whatdaya have? (There is actually an old time soda fountain still open in Cedartown.)

Old school coke machines.

Gearing up for the 4D show. It was very good.

Some of the bottles around the place.

The computer geek's coke bottle made of old motherboards.

My child disrespecting the Penley by pointing at something else. We had an art appreciation lesson afterwards ;)

And, I guess this was like smelling something that you know is going to stink - you have to do it anyway. She has been forewarned about the "Beverly", and of course she had to try it for herself!


Also, if you love paper, embellishments and other scrapbook goodies, you might want to mark your calendar. August 1, 2, & 3 is the clean sweep yard sale at my favorite place, Sweet Memories Scrapbooks in Carrollton. One man’s junk is another’s treasure. So come check out the treasures.

Have a GREAT week!

~MM

1 comment:

Hollie said...

LOL about J & the "Beverly."