Monday, April 19, 2010

Time to "Focus"

So it is no secret that I LOVE scrapbooking. I really enjoyed my year on Sweet Memories Design Team. It was so much fun, and I loved all of the girls. I stepped down a month or so ago because I had Legacy Banquet for NPCA coming up, and I had began to struggle with creativity. I felt like it wasn't fair to Erin that I was just not producing at my best. But deep down, I knew I was going to really miss it.

Well, Ms Erin (that's what J loves to call her) revamped the positions on the design team, and the opportunity came up for me to have a chance to step into a specialized role. I will still have monthly requirements and deadlines, but it will be something more managable for this over worked, over booked, overly eager to please girl to handle. I will now be on the "Focus" portion of the team working with one of my favorite aspects of scrapbooking - working with sketches. Plus I will have a couple of month stints where I will be contributing like one of the main design team members.

I am so excited about this new role, I could just do flips! I love working with sketches - they take all of the design struggle out of projects, and allow me to focus on all of the fun! Here's a double page I did last week using a sketch from Two Chicks Designs. (It's of our field trip to Vulcan Rock Quarry. I know, sounds boring, but we were 400 yards below the surface in a granite pit - the kids LOVED it!)




Have a GREAT week! I'll be back after the Legacy Banquet and Auction to share a funny story that happened a couple of weeks ago. Let's just say that we woke up one morning and discovered we had been broken into some time during the night. And to top it off, the "burglar" was still in the house! (That should keep you coming back - lol!)
~MM

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Congrats on your new role! I know you will do the best as always. Love the scrapbook pages. Exciting story to come, huh?