Thursday, April 2, 2009

The ants go marching one by one. Hoorah, Hoorah.....

Okay, since no one really reads my blog, except for maybe Janell, I feel safe to share my crazy story.

See this:


This is the scrumptious pound cake I baked last night for a dear friend who is having a b-day this weekend. I had my friend, Becky's, world famous (ok, West GA famous) recipe, and set out to make the perfect cake.

As you can see, came out pretty nice, didn't it? Well, I was dragging yesterday, so I set this out to cool on the counter. I wanted it to cool slowly so the crunchy top would remain crunchy and not gooey. (Yeah, you know what I am talking about!) I went upstairs to catch the last 30 minutes of mindless reality show on TV, and had planned to wrap my cake up when the show ended. Well, anyone who really knows me knows that this is not a good idea. If it is dark outside and I get still....that is all she wrote!

Fast forward to 3:30 am this morning when a clap of thunder bolts me straight up in the bed. I immediately think of my computer and how I need to unplug everything. So, I head downstairs to square it away, and wonder to myself why the TV in the living room is still on. Uh Oh - my cake! I had forgotten it. So I wasn't all that stressed out about it. The cats were locked away in the basement posing no threat to my awesome culinary creation. I walk over to find my cake covered w/ ants. I have not seen an ant in this house since last summer when I erradicated them! I guess there is a scout that has been hanging out on the other side of the kitchen window and found that the my counter was like Canaan last night - he brought the entire army w/ him!

So I tossed it, and Luscious Pound Cake: take two is baking as I type.

1 comment:

Janell said...

LOL! Love the title to this post!