Monday, May 31, 2010

To Dos

First of all, it's Memorial Day - a day that we should pause and remember those who have served/are serving and sacrificing the comforts of home to protect our freedoms and keep up safe. It is also a day that I think about all of the families who share their mothers, fathers, sons and daughters with the entire country. I think that far outweighs the "unofficial start of summer" designation.

With that said, one of my scrappy friends, Michelle Whitlow, came across a fun idea for summer. Here's our version.....

Some are fun and simple (waterballoon fight, frog watching on our fish pond), and others are to make us accountable (fix kitchen drawer, memorize a Psalm, do a book report). And some seem almost impossible (teach Kya a new trick, do not disturb Daddy day)! We keep adding, and J can't check off things fast enough! I keep trying to remind her that we have about 10 weeks to accomplish all of this, but she won't hear of it :)

What's on your list?
~MM

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Sounds like a great list! I need to get creative & make a list. I hope you all have a great summer!

Michelle Whitlow said...

I think my kids are determined to check things off the list before next week!!! Great list...somehow I missed 'mommy day', gonna have to add that one to mine ;)

Janell said...

cute idea....just please don't tell drew. i have enough on my mental to do list! ha!!!

yay for jordan making all a's!